Monday, November 27, 2006

A candle loses none of its light.......

I had the pleasure of taking part in a beautiful wedding ceremony for two good friends on the weekend and as the bride & groom lit that special candle with two smaller candles, I was reminded of the saying "A candle loses none of its light by lighting another candle." meaning that we lose nothing by giving to another person, especially the three things we crave most: happiness, freedom, and love.

"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give."
Winston Churchill

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 comments:

Janette Rallison said...

I was looking for some motivational quotes and found your site. Just wanted to tell you thanks for all the great thoughts you've compiled!

Joy Pedrow said...

I love this site.
I too have a positive and inspirational blog called JOY Full Circle where people can send in anything inspirational, and ill post it for the world to see. You should check it out, i think you'd like it.
And if you want maybe we could do a link exchange, where ill link my blog on my site, if you'd do the same.
Thanks
Joy Pedrow

Anonymous said...

What beautiful words, and so true.